We use your Personal Information for the following purposes, all of which relate to the relationship between you and us, and the services we provide:
- to provide you or the person of your choice with the services and/or products you requested (e.g., passes, reservations, services offered by various Vail Resorts applications—including EpicMix—such as the summary of your ski day, and ability to share), to perform transactions, in particular to check your identity or the identity of the person you designated, as well as for billing and shipping purposes;
- providing you with souvenir, photography and video services; and
- to provide you and/or the person you designated with after-sale support in case you encounter any difficulties following your transaction with us.
We also may process your Personal Information for the purposes listed below, which are necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest and provide you with quality services and products:
- to administer our systems, debug, and improve the performance and accessibility of our Sites and Locations;
- to monitor and optimize the use of our facilities (e.g., when you scan your pass and ride one of our chairlifts, we use such information for monitoring the use of our chairlifts; improvement of facilities based on number of attendees at events);
- to better understand your use of our products, services, programs, and events; and
- to improve our Sites, Locations and, more generally, our products, services, programs, and events.
In addition, with your consent, we may also process your Personal Information:
- to provide you with marketing communications, recommendations and special offers regarding our products and services, as well as products and services of third parties which might be of interest to you, and to give you the opportunity to enroll in our loyalty program; and
- to combine your data and implement profiling activities in order to better understand your needs, expectations and preferences and provide you with personalized content and targeted advertising accordingly.
We may also use your information for secondary purposes closely related to the purposes above, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure to occur.
Please refer to the Your Choices and Rights section below for information regarding how you can manage your options and exercise your rights with respect to your data.
Cookies and Technology; Third-Party Advertisers
We use technology such as “cookies” to help us provide customized services and as a means to collect dependable and consistent traffic data. A “cookie” is a small piece of data that is sent to a user’s browser from a web server and stored on a user’s hard drive.
These cookies, along with other technologies, such as web beacons, may also be used by Vail Resorts corporate partners and on co-branded websites to help us understand how you use our products and Sites and better provide advertising to you.
Our service providers are bound by contract to keep your Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes laid out in the contract on our behalf. For more information about online behavioral advertising, or to learn about your choices related to such practices, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Please note that most browsers allow you to manage your cookies preferences by changing your settings. You may set your browser to: (i) automatically accept or refuse all cookies; (ii) automatically accept or refuse first party cookies and/or third parties cookies; (iii) notify you before any cookies are placed, so that you get the opportunity to decide whether you are willing to accept it or not.
Consequently, if you accept cookies in the first place but later change your mind and want to opt out, you may use your browser settings for deleting cookies already placed on your electronic devices and/or change your browser settings to refuse any further cookies or particular further cookies.
In addition, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers, or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/, which enables you to manage the advertisement cookies placed on your devices.
Vail Resorts participates in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our Sites across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions to our guests. Go to https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com to learn more about how Adobe does this and to manage your choices relating to this linking of devices.
Some of Vail Resorts’ websites use Mouseflow, a third-party analytics tool, to track page content and viewing information, pages viewed, keystroke activity, time spent on pages, scroll activity, click/touch information, and mouse movements. You can opt-out at http://mouseflow.com/opt-out.
Vail Resort’s website also utilizes Neilsen’s Identity Sync Pixel in order to monitor activity on its websites, identify user preferences, and evaluate its various advertising and marketing campaigns. The pixel acts as a unique anonymized identifier, which permits Vail Resorts to better understand your specific preferences and track your activity across our web-based offerings and advertisements. If you wish to opt out of such tracking CLICK HERE